It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a blog!
Art prints and custom artwork
Phone cases, pillows, and t-shirts
Jokes and complaining
For the cool kids
Messy desk photos a-go-go
My name is Tyler and I'm a comedy writer, freelance illustrator, Tina Fey enthusiast, and general hot mess living and working in the windy city.
Parks and Rec
Please read this before requesting!
powered by Tumblr.
So this week has been pretty hard for me because today it’s been exactly 4 years since my mom died. We were really close and I think about her all the time. I don’t usually talk about personal things (except lamenting my lack of mozzarella sticks) on this blog, but I thought that I would share this graphic essay I made about her for a creative nonfiction class in college. Beware, it’s kind of weepy.
(click to enlarge)
Tumblr pals, I read and appreciate every nice caption and message you write. Thank you so much for all the kindness you’ve shown me. <3
- doll-it-up likes this
- ontherunwithmygarnetgun likes this
- uterusesbeforeduderuses likes this
- sheerbitchitude likes this
- catnipcrush likes this
- amandamizuki likes this
- rebeccadeal likes this
- inganikki likes this
- sackleradam likes this
- mypropheticsoul likes this
- fortyfivepercenter likes this
- ratpetunia likes this
- talldecafcappuccino likes this
- purified-by-fire likes this
- ailerec likes this
- spraos likes this
- glitterpenises reblogged this from roaring-softly
- xenophobezeitgeistchaser likes this
- emilythepiemaker reblogged this from roaring-softly
- emilythepiemaker said:This is a beautiful comic. Thank you for sharing with us.
- glitterpenises likes this
- jennielee likes this
- ilovesexyoldmenandotherthings likes this
- raeality likes this
- hogwartsismyhomie likes this
- beatriceohara said:Darling, I’m so sorry for your loss. Your mom was awesome, by the sounds of it. On a happier note, I can’t wait for my parks n rec phone case, you’ve made amory the iPhone very happy! :)
- beatriceohara likes this
- ialwayswantedtobeaprincess reblogged this from roaring-softly and added:
- ashalee said:I know you don’t know me (and that’s fine!) but sending you an extra little love today
- ashalee likes this
- laughloveandskip said:Although I haven’t seen you girls in a long time, you all truly embrace your moms personality and loving nature and she’s always with you, sending warm hugs your way. This was beautiful written <3
- genwithag likes this
- aubreybell likes this
- rachelsuefernandez likes this
- saturdays-reprise likes this
- selfsaboteur likes this
- thisisanup said:This is really a very beautiful way to explain the experience of loosing someone to illness such as cancer. Thank you for sharing this with us :) <3
- thisisanup likes this
- skeeterscoots likes this
- forgettingronburgundy likes this
- tousledbean likes this
- bowiewowie likes this
- lyceck said:This was so amazingly beautiful.
- cora-lovescats likes this
- owlbungalow likes this
- owlbungalow said:Wow. So beautiful.
- helenosaurus likes this
- elizabethconworthylemon likes this
- serigraphic likes this
- unoleanaraable likes this